Policy on Bulletin Boards, Display Spaces, and Library Exhibits
Library Exhibit/Display/Bulletin Board Policy
- Bulletin Boards are available for non-profit, educational, cultural and intellectual notices, which may be posted at the sole discretion of the Library. All notices must be reviewed by a staff member before posting.
- Postings are made as space permits, and items will be removed on a periodic basis.
- The Library does not endorse any postings not directly sponsored by the Library.
Exhibits and Displays
- Exhibitors are responsible for setting up, labeling, and removing their display.
- The Library is not responsible for loss or damage of any item on display. Items on display are not insured by the Library.
- The display must be removed promptly on the agreed upon date. The Library reserves the right to remove exhibit materials not retrieved by the agreed-upon date. Items not claimed 30 days beyond the agreed-upon date may be disposed of by the Library.
- The Library reserves the right to remove or refuse any material judged unsuitable.
- Information about the display, including the name of the exhibitor, must be supplied by the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors wishing to sell items must supply contact information. A ten-percent commission on each exhibited work sold must be presented to Friends of the Pearle L. Crawford Memorial Library.
- An opening reception may be scheduled at the discretion of the Library Director.
- All exhibits must include the following disclaimer: “The material within this exhibit is the presentation of the individual or organization named in the display. The Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of exhibits and/or exhibitors.”
- Exceptions may be approved at the discretion of the Library Director.
- The purpose of the electronic message board sign is to promote and market Library services, programs, events and resources. Content is limited to Library-sponsored or co-sponsored events, Library services and resources, Town of Dudley department announcements, and community events.
- Decisions on inclusion and wording of announcements shall be determined by the Library Director or, in his/her absence, the Library Board of Trustees. Requests must be provided in writing to the Library Director.
- Sign will operate between the hours of 6:00AM and 10:00PM.
- Community messages and town department messages will be incorporated into the Library’s rotating messages with a ratio of no more than 1:5 messages.
- The Library’s electronic message board sign shall adhere to Town of Dudley Illumination and Motion Regulations.
- Messages that are displayed may promote special or signature events for other organizations (other than above), which benefit the community as a whole with the approval of the Library Director or Library Board of Trustees.
- The sign is not available for the promotion of private businesses. The sign will not be used for political campaigns.
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees: July, 2011
Revised: April 2019
Electronic Sign Policy approved June 2019